Steven R. Ruth
Steven R. Ruth
Areas of Practice
- California, 1990
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, Los Angeles, California (J.D. 1989)
- Editor-in-Chief, UCLA Pacific Basin Law Journal
- University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom (M.Phil. 1985)
- Field of Study: European and English History
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (B.A. 1983)
- Cum Laude
- Major: History
Past Employment Positions
- Law Office of Steven S Rosenthal
- Low Ball & Lynch
- Morison & Prough, LLP
- Clifford Hirsch, PC
- Lewis Brisbois, LLP
Steven R. Ruth has practiced law for over twenty-seven years, working in both Northern and Southern California. He has also handled cases in the United States District and Bankruptcy Courts for the District of Nevada.
Throughout his career, the primary focus of Mr. Ruth’s practice has been civil litigation. The broad range of his case work has involved all stages of pre-trial, trial, and appellate practice, as well as enforcement of judgments. Mr. Ruth’s areas of practice have included business, environmental, insurance coverage, insurance bad faith, personal injury, property damage, constitutional law, civil rights, labor, and landlord-tenant issues.
In addition to his case work, Mr. Ruth has advised insurance companies, insureds, and independent insurance adjustors on issues of coverage and the covenant of good faith and fair dealing.
Mr. Ruth is fluent in French.
- Rental Housing Ass’n of N. Alameda County v. City of Oakland, 71 Cal. App. 4th 741 (2009)
- Cole v. Doe, 387 F. Supp. 2d 1084 (N.D. Cal 2005)
- Resolution Trust Corp. v. Rossmoor Corp., 34 Cal. App. 4th 93 (1995)
- Valenzuela v. GAB Business Services, 71 Cal. App. 4th 935 (1999)
Insurance Bad Faith: What it Is, How to Litigate It, and How Best to Avoid It